Wow. Sure is crazy, isn't it?
Today was a great day at church. I bore my testimony twice. :)
One of the things I said was how Heavenly Father is the best lemonaide maker in the world. Even when we stray, he finds a way for us to find blessings from it. EVEN if is because of our own doing, our own disobedience. THAT PROVES his unfathomable eternal love for us. It's amazing. Admist everything, even in sin and turmoil, he can turn it around. Tender Mercies. The atonement.
My testimony as only strengthened this past year....
When I met with my bishop today I was explaining how things have been going for me. I hope you can understand this but I told him how my whole life has been different then, lets say it otherwise would have been. A long time ago someone used their free agency to violate mine. It has cascaded and branched into a multitude of problems my entire life. Things I will always live with. However, as I use to curse this I now embrace it. It has made me who I am. And to go along with the lemonade buisness its strange...its ALMOST as if Heavenly Father let/made this happen to me cause I don't know who I would be if it didn't...yet we all know no bad comes from him....its interesting, But goes to show you his incredible love and knowledge....
So I told my bishop you know, I have always slightly been under the line that has been expected of me. I have always been very spiritual and had such a great testimony. Its really how people know me, I can say honestly. While I do not want to blame my past, me and Heavenly Father have an understanding...I take responsibility for my actions, but I am SO MUCH MORE fully aware and clear - all thanks to a wonderful soul who helped me heal and grow. I have grown SO MUCH. I told him I have had to take smaller steps towards my goals then most people....
and with that my bishop said the words I lacked. He literally interrupted me and gave me a profound look and said "You are becoming a more well rounded person."
Its funny he would use that phrase. Thats exactly what shawn is that has made me look up to him so much. He has made me better. We make eachother better in different ways that all matter. I am so happy to do this with him the rest of my life.
My bishop gave me a hug and said "then you are doing all the right things. I am proud for you."
I am proud for you is an interesting phrase. But so appropriate.
I know I am. I am SO grateful for everything. And so full of love and excitment.
I love how the spirit can lead and guide every single aspect of our lives. Great and small. Important and insignificant.
1 comment:
you sure are a wonderful sister...I am so happy that you are happy!
Post a Comment